It is not a high task to get in to the top of search engines like Google, Yahoo or MSN. Here is given some tips to climb the ladder of search engines.
1. Don’t go for a new domain unless it is necessary. Try to use your existing domains if possible, because of Google’s aging delay for new domains. If you are developing or redesigning a new website for any reason, it is expected to wait maximum a year to show up in Google for any key word which is important to you.
2. When you are optimizing your site just target on the audience and not on the search engines. This message may surprise you, but always the search engines search for the pages that best fit the keyword phrase by the audience. If audience searches for the keyword your site offers, then your site will be on the top. If you don’t have an idea who your targeted audience are, then you have to find other way to target the audience like an online study that may help you know who all your targeted audience are.
3. Enhance your search on keyword phrases. The keyword you think may not be the right one for the targeted audience. They may have different idea and they search their own differently. So to find the keyword that matches the targeted audience search, you have to do extensive research. There are modern tools which can be used to research keywords, like KeywordDiscovery, Wordtracker, Google AdWords, etc.
4. Your site architecture and navigation should be designed and categorized based on your keyword research. Your research may not satisfy the level of relevancy that you expected to add in your site. Let’s take an example that your site deals with selling dolls. There are number of ways to categorize your site based on this product. First have an idea that what kinds of dolls are preferred by people. Use keyword appropriate to that. Make sure that your site navigation having various ways of searching.
5. Design your website as “Crawler friendly”. The search engines will never fill out the forms or search your site or read java scripts links and menus. There is nothing like you can’t use this thing on your website. You need to provide another way of navigating your site as necessary. If your site has only drop-down sequence of menus to choose a category or a band of something, then search engine algorithm never find those resulting pages. Make sure that you have some form of HTML links in the main navigation on your home pages. From that you have to build HTML links to individual product and services.
6. Have clear internal text links and clickable image by labeling it. Make sure that your site visitor understands what the particular clickable image going to do when he clicks that image. Don’t give them a chance of guessing the other end by “CLICK HERE” or other non-descriptive words. Be descriptive with every text and graphical link on your website. The Great thing about writing your anchor text and alt attributes is to be very descriptive and it should be done by using your main keywords.
7. Have a compelling copy for the important pages of your websites which are based on keyword phrases and your targeted market’s needs. Also make sure it is visible to search engine. This is an important component to have a great and successful website. The search engines should read your site keywords so that it can clearly understand how to classify your site. It should not hide or be buried under the graphics and flash.
8. Merge your keyword phrases into each page’s title tag and it should be unique. The search engines are giving lot of importance to the title tag so it is so critical and important. Anything you write in the keyword phrases should be used in your title tag. Whatever the information you place in the title tag, is shown as clickable image in the search engines.
9. Your site should be “link worthy”. Reciprocal link or other site links are very crucial for successful search engine optimization. This highly depends on how good your site is. If it is attractive and worthy, other sites will give you back links. There is also a need to make sure the sites you are linked to, are also of high quality.
10. Don’t stick to just one keyword phrases and don’t worry about the rankings. If you are sure that all the above nine points are done correctly then your site ranking will increase automatically.