For businesses thinking of venturing into the realms of social media, Facebook is one of the most logical choices wherein to wage a marketing campaign. After all, Facebook is inhabited by more than a hundred million people spanning continents, cultures, and preferences. And this number is increasing everyday with no end yet in sight. That sheer number makes Facebook marketing a not-so-alien idea and hints of an immense potential for business.
Facebook Marketing for Your Business
Getting down to the nitty-gritty of Facebook marketing is not that difficult. There are only a few simple activities that must be done properly, and they are listed below:
1. Create a Facebook account and profile that effectively advertise your business. Facebook marketing starts with establishing your business or brand through a careful creation of an account name, and an informative profile that subtly casts your business brand in a good light.
2. Create a Facebook fan page for your business or product that you carry. Post updated content on the page to keep users informed of any activities related to your business, or provide them with useful links to resources or events that you organize. The idea is to create and sustain brand or business awareness as part of your Facebook marketing campaign.
3. Integrate your Facebook marketing campaign with Twitter or MySpace. Inter-linking social media with your blog site or website increases the number of your marketing channel, consequently widening marketing coverage.
4. Make a conscientious effort to increase your friends or followers, but don’t be annoying doing so. Relationships built carefully through time and with sincere effort make for a successful marketing campaign.
5. If you have funds to spend, Facebook ads give your business the opportunity to reach a targeted audience. If funds are short, network. Networking means joining Facebook groups related to your business niche. These networks are where common-interest users flock together, making your Facebook marketing efforts that much easier in reaching your target audience.
What’s in Store for Your Business
Once you have been hanging out in Facebook for some time, you will understand the culture that pervades within. The first thing that will strike you is how personal everything is. It’s all about people posting their thoughts, and what they are doing at that very minute. The deluge of posts can range from mundane to significant, from gossip to news.
In creating a Facebook marketing campaign, these eccentricity latent to Facebook is what businesses have to deal with, turning these quirk into a business advantage. Because behind the mundane, there are actually many benefits to Facebook marketing, such as those below:
1. Free advertising with each posted content that is read and shared by friends and followers.
2. Increased market coverage — from targeted or niche audience, to general Facebook populace, even reaching previously unreachable channels.
3. Connecting with business peers and competitors through a follower relationship or by simply visiting their walls or pages.
4. Business image enhancement through a steady flow of image-building posted content.
With Facebook leading the social media game, many businesses are now in for the ride, crafting and launching their own made-for-Facebook marketing campaigns. Shouldn’t you?